Butyl Tape is chemically inert, therefore it will resist oxidation, and will remain permanently elastic, resistant to cracking, and will not degrade under ultra-violet light. Butyl Tape can be painted.
Features & Benefits:
- Self Healing.
- Chemical, weather and age resistant.
- Resistant to acids, alkali's and salts.
- Resistant to mildew.
- A solvent-less formulation.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Easy to use.
- On a self wound presentation roll.
- life expectancy in excess of 25 years.
- A high heat resistance of up to 90°C.
- A low temperature resistance of -40°C.
- A shelf life of 24 months in ambient conditions.
- High pumping resistance.
- Excellent U.V. resistance.
- A choice of colours to suit your needs.
Will give you direct control over quantity of sealant used in joint.
Will adhere to metal, glass, porcelain, concrete, plastic, polycarbonate, wood, and marble.
Will retain tack and adhesion.
Will remain elastic from -20°C to 120°C.
Will allow movement due to expansion and contraction (up to 15%).
Will resist moisture vapour transmissions. (Prevents moisture from passing through the seal.) No fogging of glass or rusting of metal.
Will absorb vibrations and sound.
Will reduce sound by absorption.
Will seal instantly.
Will Not harden.
Will Not crack or lose adhesion when subjected to bending, elongation, expansion or contraction, even at low temperatures.
Will Not soften and flow out of the joint.
Will Not lose adhesion
Will Not break-down nor flow out of a joint, due to sound or wind vibration.
- Butyl Sealants are noted in field performance and in laboratory tests for permanent flexibility, outstanding age resistance and resistance to hardening.
- No mess, so no clean up! It’s not a sticky mess, its clean (so you don’t spend hours afterwards cleaning up or scraping off excess product).
Take note that:
Sealants containing substantial amounts of unsaturated oils, resins, polymers and bitumen, although initially performing well, will oxidise in time and harden to give a stiff and brittle end result.